Friday, January 30, 2009

I've lost my wisdom (if I had any)

In December my dentist informed me that I might have to get my three wisdom teeth out. So we went to the oral surgeon and the nurse informed me that I definitely needed my wisdom teeth out. Now I wasn't about to get it done during my Christmas break. I wanted to enjoy all the good food! My appointment was at 7:45 in the morning and we got right to it. The nurse took my blood pressure(a procedure that I have never liked) and then she poked me with a needle that made me feel like a balloon. She kept talking to me but my balloon-like ears couldn't hear too well so I have no recollection of what she said. I don't remember much after that and they said upon waking up I proceeded to hit myself. My mom let me sleep all morning and later she let me eat ramen noodles for lunch(which are delicious). My mom bought ice cream sandwiches and I now appreciate the fact that you don't have to chew ice cream. Here is a picture of me twelve hour later.

6 comments:

  1. Thinking and praying for a quick recovery for you!
    Did you get my note?
    eeb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there!
    I just checked my comments and saw your comment about getting the card! I am so glad you like tea!
    Hope to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Michaela, I feel your pain! Hoping and praying that you get better soon and can eat normal food soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ouch Michaela! I am empathetic to your plight. Hope you're eating solid food soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My dear Rachel and Miss N. you have obviously been deluded about my situation. I had my surgery in the morning and for lunch I had Ramen noodles. Then later that evening for supper I had pizza. I'm doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are right. We are deluded (obviously). Of course you, Michaela, would be eating pizza for supper after you had your wisdom teeth out. Glad to hear you are doing so well!

    ReplyDelete