Friday, January 2, 2009

Annihilation

On New Year's Eve our tradition is to go the Greene's some friends of ours. After eating a delightful meal, watching two movies, and counting down to midnight we came down to the serious business. Ethan, Joshua, and I sat down to a game of Monopoly. Olivia was my secretary who was starving because she wasn't being paid. At the beginning of the game Ethan predicted that we would be on our knees begging for mercy and for money. He related a game recently played when he had had Olivia down to $1 and in $10,000 dollars of debt. Obviously we were supposed to be impressed(especially when Olivia verified the account). So I prepared myself to fight Ethan and not be on my knees begging for money. At first we were all very poor, then Joshua began to gain the upper hand. We all had matches and I decided to put houses on mine. You cannot imagine the absolute glee on my face when Ethan landed on one with two houses! He offered me the property Parkplace( I already had Boardwalk), but not complately. For $200 I could have half of it. After very little thought I told him, "But I'm a selfish person and I want all of it." Consequentl he sold the whole thing to Joshua. After I had three houses he landed on it again and owed me $550. Olivia and I were estactic! I probably would have won the game but Ethan was saved by the call, "Time to go home." He had only a little over $100 and I went home very satisfied. This was the highlight of New Year's Eve.

No comments:

Post a Comment