Saturday, January 10, 2009

Finished!

For this past month I've been reading this book called "The Last Place on Earth." I finally finished it tonight. The book describes the lives of explorers Roald Amundsen and Robert Falcon Scott. Then the book describes the two's unofficial race to the South Pole. Then the book finishes with the rest of Amundsen's life (there was nothing about Scott since he died in Antarctica). A review on the back of the book describes the book was huge and gripping. They are right about the book being huge (544 pages) but gripping (in my opinion) is a gross exaggeration. If you're interested in history read this book, but otherwise don't. I actually would'nt have read it either, but my dad assigned it to me. Oh well, I'm expanding my knowledge.

No comments:

Post a Comment