Friday, January 16, 2009

A Picture of Faith

While meditating on the first few verses of Psalm 91 it gives to me a word picture of faith. In the first verse the psalmist writes about dwelling with the most High God. It appears to be a place to stay and hang-out or a most permanent position where you become like His shadow moving only when God does. Later the psalmist says God spreads His feathers to cover us, here is where the faith comes into play, you can't see. The feathers cover and while under his wings we are restricted and unable to move much maybe just enough for a step at a time, yet this is the place according to the verse we trust. His truth is our shield (front protection) and surrounds us (our buckler). I began to look at the psalm again as I was inspired by a testimony given in church on Sunday by a woman who had been a resident of Greensburg a small town wiped out by a tornado some 18 months ago.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Michaela!
    I found YOUR blog :). I have been posting on mine for a while. Actually i blogged for a long time and then quit and now in the past year i've picked it back up. I named it Zeal because i was inspired by Rom 12:11. I'll let you read it :) So do you all write on this blog? I really like this post...who wrote it?

    ReplyDelete