Thursday, January 1, 2009

Incredible Discoveries

We have owned our digital camera for over 6 years and we have just discovered two features. One is that it can make 16 second videos without sound. I have uploaded a video as proof of that fact. The other is that we learned how to use the timer. For the first time we have taken a picture with all of us in it without the aid of another person. This is especially distressing for me because I am a read the instructions kind of guy and am ashamed that I didn't know all that this camera could do from day one which is usually the case for things I purchase. So here is the first picture that uses the timer. We are visiting Betty Lisman on Christmas
Eve. She is the grandmother of 2 former students. I did the routine of checking the picture in the view finder, pushing the button and running over behind the group. Then we remained motionless except for statements through smiling teeth like "Is it working?", "Are you sure you pushed the button?", "How long is the wait?", and "Oh!, I see a red light, get ready" (click/flash). I am torn as to the video to use. The first video I took with the camera was Michaela reading her Bible in the bed the morning of January 1, 2009. Later that same day we shot some videos of playing ping pong with a new game that were given to us by the Malones, parents of the same 2 former students. Michaela says that her video is too boring because our camera doesn't record sound. I will post both and let you decide. Michaela's video, though, is the official first use of that function on the camera. Please note who wins the most volleys of ping pong.


1 comment: