Sunday, February 1, 2009

Opossums


Tonight, as we were driving home from prayer, we saw an opossum.( Daddy said it's pronounced possum.) Anyway, at first I thought it was a cat but I realized it was an possum, because it was so low to the ground. We've had nightly visits from possums before. They usually at cat food or bird seed. I now see why possums become road kill so often they are low to the ground and hard to see without a street light. That is my insight for today remember our lesson be careful driving at night, so less possums become road kill.




Over and Out
GRACE

4 comments:

  1. Guess what happened Grace? I read your post this morning and then when I was walking home from school tonight I saw a largish small animal. At first I thought it was a cat. Then, like you, I noticed it was low to the ground. Since I had read your post, I wondered if perhaps it was an opossum. It turned out to be a rat though (they are pretty big here), which is not as interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Grace,
    I congratulate you on your excellent entry yesterday.I loved the picture of the opossum, in the tree did you get it off the internet?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your entry yesterday was soooooooooooo cool. And it was an I loved the lesson you taught us about opossums. See you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved your entry Glamor Girl, please write soon. And write some more poetry too.

    ReplyDelete