Monday, February 9, 2009

So Much More

How often I have heard this story but how differently it hit me this time. In my daily Bible reading when I saw that we had to read this certain book here is my first thought. "The beginning and the end are interesting but not the middle." Job was a man who went through intense suffering. Here are some things that jumped out at me:
"Oh that my words were now written! oh that they were printed in a book!" Well they are now.
"For he (God) is not a man, as I am, that I should answer him, and we should come together in judgment. Neither is there any daysman betwixt us, that might lay his hand upon us both." Jesus is the only one who can claim to be entirely human and entirely God, but unfortunately for Job he hadn't come yet.
"But where shall wisdom be found? and where is the place of understanding." "God understandeth the way thereof, and he knoweth the place thereof." God is the only ultimate source of wisdom.
References: Job 19:23, 9:32-33, 28:12,23.

No comments:

Post a Comment