Wednesday, March 6, 2013

No Change

The adventure continues. There was practically no change in my numbers from last week. This is not what we were hoping for but we praise God in all things and thank Him for goodness no matter what it looks like to us. His perspective is much broader and I must continue to keep a "God's"-eye view in all of this.

Spiritually. I have committed to some spiritual disciplines in my life and this journey seems to have a trend that mirrors my disciplines. It is my goal to have a personal devotion every morning, lead family devotions each morning, memorize Bible verses regularly as well as some others. (Please note that this is anecdotal in nature and has not been recorded and processed in such a way to be considered statistically sound) Last week I was very consistent with my personal disciplines and saw some amazing results. This week was not as good. In fact, Velda asked me this week when was the last time I had my personal devotion let alone family devotions. Something that I was too timid to share was that I have had these recurring thoughts that the news seems to mirror my faithfulness. My next appointment is this Tuesday after school. It will be with the doctor so the numbers we discuss will be much more comprehensive. Through the power of God's grace I hope to be very consistent and faithful from now until that appointment. This will be a way of testing my hypothesis. I am not testing God or His faithfulness. He never changes. I am testing this stray thought that I have had for awhile. Since contracting myeloma, my family and I have learned about ourselves and God that are more valuable than gold. These lessons are more valuable than healing because our ultimate goal is to be conformed to the image of Christ. I wouldn't trade this adventure for anything. Please pray for complete healing but more importantly, pray for my personal discipline. I can hardly wait till next Tuesday. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment