Thursday, March 21, 2013

Plateau and Joy

My numbers this week hit another plateau. That is about all I have to say about that. On the other hand, major developments spiritually. I  have talked about our theme of "counting it all joy" in trials (Romans 5:1-5, James 1:2--4),  Most recently here. Basically this "joy" has been an act of faith without much of an emotional response. This past weekend, while pondering the changes I have experienced thus far as result of the various trials of myeloma and circumstances with which it is associated, I experienced a real emotional response of joy! My prayer life has gone to a new level, which is something for which I have been praying for years. Before the myeloma, our family devotions had fallen in consistency and focus. We are now meeting much more consistently and have plenty to pray about. We have also brought back singing into our family time to the pleasure of all involved. There is more I plan to re-establish that has dropped from the "golden years" of family devotions. I have increased my consistency in spending daily time in the Bible and have returned to a more rigorous schedule of memorization. I plan to memorize John 14-17 (I already have 14-16), the sermon on the mount (I am the only member of my family who has not thus far) and Proverbs 1-9. I want to reclaim the book of James and Philippians which Joshua and I did together years ago, The 10 commandments and Deuteronomy 6:1-12. Anyway, the point is, when reflecting on these things, I got joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment