Tuesday, March 12, 2013

It's Working

"Looking good" and "It's working" were the distintive remarks from my oncologist this week. My kidney indicator went down another 2 tenths of a point (.2) so that it is within a half a point (.5) of the normal range. One of the numbers is lagging behind the other indicators as far as rate of decline. The goal is that they all should be within the normal range before a bone marrow transplant is done so this number could become a factor as to whether I proceed as planned with the bone marrow transplant or to continue chemotherapy for awhile to give the numbers a chance to be more ideal. With respect to the hypothesis I proposed in a previous post, today's results were not definite enough for me to make a connection with the results and my personal spiritual disciplines. On the other hand, I and my family benefitted significantly this week as a result of my increased faithfulness. I have recovered from the back incident to the point that I feel nearly full strength but not enough to do anything excessive. I am following the ER doctor's orders by not lifting anything over 10 pounds for a week. In the past few weeks I have developed another side effect of the chemotherapy. It is a little delicate in nature to describe so let's just say Velda bought prune juice this week. Thank you for praying.

2 comments:

  1. Eddie, we want you to know that we are praying for you and your family, for a complete recovery and God to use this in you and through you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. and, be sure to drink your prune juice!

    ReplyDelete