Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Progress

I went for my chemotherapy today and had some encouraging numbers. When preparing for treatments the nurses look at lab results that aren't as detailed as when I see the doctor so this is not comprehensive. First of all my blood levels were so high that it has been decided that I no longer need to receive one of the shots. Because my kidneys are not functioning correctly, they are not producing the hormone that tells my bone marrow to produce more blood. Hence one of my shots was simply providing my body with that hormone. Well the numbers were high enough that I no longer need that shot. And speaking of kidneys, I had the biggest change in my kidney readings to date. In the past my kidney numbers were decreasing about a tenth (0.1) of a point a week. This week they decreased one half (0.5) of a point in a week. That is a drop to the magnitude of 5 times the previous rate. In fact if my kidneys continue at this accelerated rate my kidneys would be functionally normally in 2 weeks. There are more numbers to look at when I have my monthly consultation with my doctor but I'm liking what I'm seeing today. Thank God for His work and thank you for your prayers.

2 comments:

  1. Praise God from whom all blessings flow! Certainly good to hear. We continue to pray for you all!

    ReplyDelete