Sunday, February 3, 2013

What's Up Doc?

This week I met with my nephrologist (kidney doctor). I had not met with him since Thanksgiving. He also was pleased with my latest numbers. He spoke of a procedure that has been successful in returning kidneys to normal function if they fail to by themselves. I found that comforting to know. He also said because of the rarity of myeloma, there is not a large body of data to refer to when treating it. Information is constantly being added from the various cases. Daily I continue to feel fairly normal. My doctor doesn't even ask how I'm doing anymore. God was able to get me through our musical Annie without missing a beat. The students didn't miss a beat either and put on a great performance.

Spiritual. When this all started my daily readings were in the book of Kings. One of the main points of this section of scripture is that God rewards obedience and punishes disobedience. I spent a few times confessing to God things that came to mind. My theme verse was "Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts: And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting." (Psalm 139:23-24) Now my daily readings are in the book of Job. (God's timing is really interesting). Now I am reading Job with much more depth and insight. I am nowhere near Job's situation but can relate a little bit. Also it gave me balance from Kings in that not all circumstances can be traced to our level of obedience with God. Since before the myeloma I have been attempting to memorize John 14-17 so that I can quote it in one sitting. This has been a great theme to have flowing through my mind and spirit. John 14:1 has been especially relevant. "Let not your heart he troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me." Verse 27 of the same chapter is similar. "Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the  world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your  heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid." God has given me the method (faith) and the tool (peace) needed to keep my heart untroubled and unafraid. Thanks be to God that this is what I have been experiencing. Please pray for wisdom as we are continually faced with both small and monumental decisions. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment