Sunday, February 10, 2013

Rough Week

I got up on Monday and started to prepare to go to school. While in the shower my nose started bleeding.  No big deal. Soon after I was hit by a wave of dizziness and shortness of breath. I dropped to me knees to keep from falling. When it passed over I assumed it was just a one-time episode and proceeded to continue getting ready for school. While drying myself after the shower I had a second episode and dropped to my knees again. When it subsided I pressed on to get to school. While getting dressed I experienced a third episode and decided not to go to school. There were no more episodes and I felt fairly normal by midday. While yawning and stretching that morning, I felt a rib on my left side pop out and back in. This left me with a sore left side that felt like a muscle pull. As the week progressed, a couple of places on the middle of my chest felt like pulled muscles as well. By the end of the week a spot on the right side of my rib cage felt like it had a pulled muscle a well. To go along with all this was a feeling of "creakiness" in my hips and lower back. It was just a soreness similar to the day after a workout. None of these were debilitating but were multiple sources of irritation. This was the week of Parent/Teacher conferences. Therefore I, thankfully, was relatively inactive Thursday and Friday. I will say that sometime late this week one of my daughters asked me why I was walking differently. I'm blogging while my family is at church. I don't miss church very often but a restful and  uneventful morning was quite appealing. I was still able to talk to God this morning and hope to meet with my brothers and sisters in Christ next week.

3 comments:

  1. Eddie, don't hesitate to let your docs know about what's going on. It helps them to see the big picture of how you are doing. Praying for the Creers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. By all means, you should let your doctor know about this! God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eddie, you need to get to a hospital right away. Those symptoms sound exactly like the ones I had with pulmonary embolisms (blood clots in the lungs). All of it caused by a heart valve deficiency initiated by chemotherapy. Please go today. Don't wait. It could be a true emergency and they will tell you right away. Praying for you. --- (Norma) Cate Burnette

    I reprinted this from your FB page.

    ReplyDelete