Thursday, May 28, 2009

And Back Again





I am nearly recovered from my trip to Boston with The New Dawn Singers. I have included some pictures of interest. One is of the old State House and site of the Boston Massacre. The State House stills bears the symbols of Great Britain. If you look closely at the corners of the roof you will see a lion (England) and a unicorn (Scotland). The site of the massacre is in the median of the street in front of the building. Being with students who are involved in theatre we had to reenact the incident. I played the part of Crispus Attucks. OK history buffs why do you think I was cast in that role? Also is the tower of the Old North Church. Question #2: What important part of the revolution did it play? That is a really tall tower and can be seen way out in the harbor. Another shot was an impromptu performance for Dr. Hugh Morgan Hill aka Brother Blue. He specializes in the African-American tradition of storytelling and oral history. We sang him a Negro Spiritual which, as you can see, he greatly appreciated. Lastly as I was walking through Cambridge (Yes I went to Harvard, so to speak) I saw a display of root beer bottles. This is my beverage of choice. This picture is 1/5 of the display, all root beer drinks unopened from antiquity! The highlight of my trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment