Tuesday, May 12, 2009

If you were at my graduation you saw this quilt on my table. It's official name is my "high school quilt" due to it taking my entire high school career. It's unofficial name is "the quilt of mistakes due to the fact that I made numerous errors sewing it. I completed it on May 8 and here are the pictures. Many thanks to my mom who suggested it and the Kountry Kroekers for providing three fourths of the material to make it
Now to the fun subject of this post. If you have read my earlier post called "Whoops" you knew that my cat Silky was expecting kittens. She had them in our neighbors yard and he found them on the day of the Vocal Festival when I wasn't home. He wasn't happy. So my mom and sister moved them to the garage. Well that same afternoon Silky moved them away, but then I found them in the exact same location! I hastily had my dad help me move them to our garage before our neighbor found out. He drove up as I was carrying away the last kittens (whew).
Here they are! They're absolutely adorable I know.
This one Grace is holding is everyone's favorite. She's really pretty.
Some of the names I've been considering for this kitten have been Tattletale and Squealer. She has faithfully sounded the alarm every time I go to pet them. Several times mama has heard and come running in not too happy. She then proceeds to hop in the box and attempt to hide the fact that kittens are there by sitting on them. Oh, well I won't name her Tattletale but we're definitely not naming her Blaze like Grace wants.

4 comments:

  1. Ohhhhh......the kittens are SO cute! And your quilt, Michaela, is beee-ou-ti-ful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michaela, they are so cute! My favorite is the one that you are holding. Are you going to keep them or give them away? Or both?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Nice quilt! Good work! And I like the
    name(s) for the quilt!

    The kittens are CUTE! Does the one Grace is holding look like she has a "split personality" because the fur coloring on the face is almost a perfect divided split? Ya know what I mean? (Oh wait! Cat's not only have split personalities, but multiple personalities!)
    Hmmm. Let us know when you decide on a name!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My dear commeneters, we are going to give all the lovely bundles away. So if you want one please reserve them now. I haven't decided on names for a few reasons. First right now they don't really have individual personalities which is important in naming. Also I can't tell the black ones apart!

    ReplyDelete