Saturday, May 9, 2009

I'm sure several of you have been waiting to hear from me so without further ado, a short post on what happened last week. First as you see above and below my parents signed my diploma which is beautiful. Also I had my grandma and aunt from CA. and my grandparents and aunt from TX come to see me.
This picture is right before the ceremony when I convinced and dragged Joshua away from preparations to take a picture. This is our pear tree out back which is the same age as me. What better place than this to take my before graduation picture?
Both my aunts liked taking lots of pictures Auntie Sherri from TX is in the navy blue and Aunt Mel from CA in the green and white. We had a great time together.
This is my graduating class in it's entirety. I don't know about them but to me the ceremony seemed to go so fast I wanted it to be done again just so it would sink in. During the ceremony I played a piano piece but five minutes before I couldn't find my music. With a very quick and urgent prayer I went to play it by memory which went okay. After the ceremony more than once my relatives remarked on my looking like a zombi but it had been a long great day. Thank you to everyone who came! Also I must add that one of the highlights was seeing Stephen Correll and Ethan Greene in caps and gowns, both looked very scholarly.
My parents words almost made me cry except for one reason. Last year at the graduation several girls were crying right up on stage. After watching that I told myself for a whole year that I wasn't going to cry up on stage(but maybe later). So my goal was successfully achieved but my parents heartfelt words really tempted me to up there. So it's done and right now a week later I'm ready to do it again!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations Michaela! Nice pictures. It looks like graduation was a good day for you. I wish I could have been there. I guess it's summer now for you. Happy Graduation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michaela!
    I know that tears can sometimes be terribly inconvenient or embarrassing, but remember that crying is not a sign of weakness! Never be ashamed of God's gift of good tears!
    But I certainly understand NOT wanting to cry at graduation! So glad your goal was met!
    Congratulations on graduation!

    ReplyDelete