Friday, May 1, 2009

The Play

My sister and I have just completed the third performance of a play were in titled The Complete History of the Old Testament in Twenty Minutes. As is obvious, it is a short play and I have enjoyed it to a slight degree. How I became involved in this project is a long story. It began when Mrs. Newcomer announced in our geography class that she would be directing a play. She asked if I wanted to be in it and I said no. After much pleading, urging, and threatening, from my classmates I still said no and the play continued without me. Yet after the first practice Mrs. Newcomer asked one more time and I relented. She told me all I had to do was be the voice for God, I decided I could handle that. Fifteen minutes later I was told instead of being God I was Solomon, now I actually had to be in front of people (oh boy!). The next day I had the following conversation
Michaela: Oh, by the way, now your also Cain.
Me: Cain?
Michaela: You know, in the play.
Me: What?!?!
Michaela: It's not that bad you don't have to say anything
Me: But I'll just get more and more parts in this play, and I don't even want to do it!
Michaela: Well it's probably good for you. (how's that for a compassionate sister?) Besides you get to stab Jacob!
I'm still not ecstatic about the play, but it's not too bad, and stabbing Jacob is fun.

2 comments:

  1. That's so nice of you to be in the play even though your roles change and you don't really want to. And at least you get to stab Jacob!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was being compassionate, you just didn't realize it. There are several different ways to rephrase the sentence to make it very mean. Besides it is good for you.

    ReplyDelete