Saturday, March 21, 2009

The rest of the story

You know I've found out when I'm nervous or in trouble I pray a lot. This is what I was doing at 6:30 am driving down the road to Topeka on Tuesday. I prayed until my nerves calmed down and then as we were getting close to Topeka I prayed some more because big cities make me jumpy. Anyway I told my mom, "we went right to our exit, right to the capitol, right to a parking space, and right to the correct office." You can't get much better than that. Watching the House of Representatives was my favorite part because I got to see part of how Kansas laws are made. It was quite an honor. Since it was St. Patrick's Day they had a man play the bagpipes at the beginning. Then later two ladies who had different ideas about a bill were able to sit down and talk to each other cordially without any reference to it. The trip went well and God did the driving.

1 comment:

  1. If God did all the driving, were you in the passenger seat?
    What a educational experience to be at the capitol! I'm sure you had fun!

    ReplyDelete