Monday, March 2, 2009

Estatic!

My father and I are the main amateur bird watchers of the family. We have out: two bird seed feeders(with different seed), one suet feeder, one bird bath, and two bird houses. Definitely, my favorite time to watch birds is winter. This is when all the slightly unpreferrable birds such as starlings and grackles leave, and all the fun birds come through. One of my favorites is the chickadee. Once when there was an especially fat chickadee at our feeder regularlly I named him Chub-Chub the Chickadee. Anyway, we haven't seen any all winter so you can imagine my disappointment and bewilderment. Then on Sunday while eating dinner, I saw a chickadee. I yelled and ran to the kitchen window. My dad upon hearing me yelled and followed me. Then we watched with immense pleasure as a pair of chickadees ate from our suet. Now I can die in peace, Amen.

4 comments:

  1. Michaela,
    You are so poetic!!! I love your last dramatic statement....You make me smile!
    Also, were you meaning to say "Estatic" or "Ecstatic"????? If so, can I have a page description of this word?? LOL!
    See you soon!
    eeb

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's quite odd I can't seem to find the words estatic or unpreferrable in the dictionary! Didn't you ever learn how to spell? You can never give anybody else a hard time about spelling if you can't even get the title of your blog right! A senior in high school and you can't even spell. Didn't your parents teach you anything?

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, first of all I must admit that I knew that unpreferrable wasn't a word, but seeing how that was exactly describing my feelings of these birds I put it in anyway. Secondly, this word estatic really spelled ecstatic means: very excited. Unfortunately, I only heard it in a movie and have never seen it spelled which explains my misspelling of it. Sorry if I confused my readers in any way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ecstatic is one of my favorite words....I'll have to use it when talking to you more often...Then you can say you have heard it more than once!!!!

    ReplyDelete