Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Late Birthday Present (two of them)





I like to give my brother practical gifts that he can use on a regular basis. So for his birthday my present was two nice collared shirts which to my surprise he was glad to see. He said, "I have been wanting to get some new shirts because I was running out." This was a much more grateful speech than last year when I gave him three shirts and two pairs of pants. He was rather disappointed but obviously has matured since then. He will get used to it as the years continue. His second present was a trip to the zoo with the Beckmans and the Kroekers. He took a lot of pictures of dead stuffed animals in the museum part except for the hippo which was not dead but plastic. I took the video above of the snake charmer who was made out of plastic as we'll but still talked and begged for coins for his salary. We had a perfect 74 degree day and Joshua, Kyle and I were always the last ones in line because we read every single plaque. The kangaroos disappointed me once again by not getting up at all let alone hopping. One looked like he was about to rise from his prostrate state but simply rolled over on the other side. The museum was amazing with all the continents shown.

1 comment:

  1. What a great, memorable time spent! Thank you for letting us go with you!

    ReplyDelete