Sunday, March 15, 2009

I Almost Blew It

In my previous post I said that the trip to Kansas City with my quarter was going to be a date as well with my lovely wife Velda. On Friday I hadn't planned anything yet and I was going to be working late. I called Velda and asked her to take care of some of the details which showed how oblivious I was to her schedule. She graciously did this and asked about the hotel. I suggested the Motel 6 (They'll keep the light on for us) and to internet search for free attractions in Kansas City. Are you starting to get an idea of the bent (flaw?) of my personality? She still graciously accepted this as well. I came home for supper and noticed that Velda was really dragging physically and possibly emotionally from her normal day, let alone the extra I put on her for our "date". I encouraged her to press on and went back to school and worked to 11pm. When I got home I noticed some things she had tried to do but nothing really was done. I went to bed thinking she would finish in the morning. The next morning, during my quiet time, God revealed to me my egregious error. I promptly made a reservation at the Hyatt and found things to do in Kansas City that cost money and would interest both of us. When we met for family devotions I apologized and told her everything had been taken care of for our date. What a God we have that he would take the time to guide me through something seemingly as insignificant as a date when He has a universe to keep running. And what a wonderful woman He has given to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment