Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Home Again, Home Again Jiggety Jig

I came home from the hospital just in time for my Father's Day meal. One of my all time favorites. Hamburgers and hot dogs with potato salad. I never got really sick in the hospital but was informed the worst was yet to come. My health should descend the next 10 days to 2 weeks as my blood count goes down. I didn't blog yesterday because I had a lot of errands to run. I don't feel great nor do I feel very bad. Somewhere in between. The feelings also come and go. This morning I walked a little over a mile before breakfast and felt better as I went. When Velda was  making breakfast, the aroma was making me nauseous but then I ate quite well and enjoyed it. This seems to be a dress rehearsal for a bone marrow transplant (BMT). I have a few pages of things that I can and cannot do that sound very familiar to BMT protocols. Stay away from sick people, exercise etc. My primary caregiver is going to be nurse Grace. I decided that Velda had enough with a full house again. Grace flew through her first day on the job (yesterday) with flying colors. Speaking of a full house, what a blessing it has been to hear all the chatter again and having all five of us for family devotions. I will update in about a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment