Saturday, June 29, 2013

Hair Today Gone Tomorrow

My hair started falling out Wednesday. I didn't realize that it falls off everywhere there is hair. So far my eyebrows and mustache are still in tact. I decide to blog today instead of waiting till Monday because many who are following this blog attend my church and this could help make the change less drastic. I had Velda cut it off today because the top of my head was quite splotchy. I'm glad that this was not 30 years ago when afros were in. The biggest challenge is to get my scalp to get close to the same color as the rest of me. It hadn't been exposed to the sun. I worked in the garden without my straw hat to help but I haven't seen any difference. Trying to get a tan is a new experience for me. I hope I don't sunburn the top of my head. Anyway, I'm just allowing God to make the decisions and He must want me bald for awhile. I have no idea how the chemo affected the cancer. The labs are just to keep track of my blood counts. They have decided to do this chemo again July 5-9. The nurse checking me did say that I seem to just fly though the first chemo fairly unscathed as far as side effects. The second will not necessarily go the same but I will have a good idea what to expect. I also feel like I have a better ideal of what the bone marrow transplant will be like. Thanks for praying,

No comments:

Post a Comment