Wednesday, June 12, 2013

And So It Starts

I am at the hospital, hooked up and receiving chemotherapy. I am receiving it with a PICC line. This is like an IV on steroids. It enters my arm just above my right elbow and snakes through my circulatory system until it stops  approximately 1 inch away from my heart. It took about an hour to install. This will be dripping constantly into my system for 24 hours over the next four days. I go everywhere with this wheeled contraption. Whoever devised this must have been a person familiar with Chinese water torture. Velda will be with me in general except at mealtimes. Fortunately she was not included in the meal plan. Today she had lunch at Martinelli's with friends. Ironically I had Italian as well (spaghetti). I am in room 419 and can receive visitors. If you want to call, please call Velda because we don't know what shape I will be in as this goes on. Caveat. One possible side effect is gastrointestinal fumes. Pray for Velda. We have had some entertainment. A crew had been washing the windows on all the floors from the ground.

2 comments:

  1. I've been thinking of you and your family as you go through this. I continue to include you in my prayers and hope that the treatments do what they are supposed to do and you have a full recovery!!!!
    Pam Irwin

    ReplyDelete