Monday, September 23, 2013

Big Jump

I had my Day 30 checkup today (even though it was Day 31). We had a premonition on how it was going to turn out based on my weekend. On Friday night I declared I wanted a Braum's burger, fries and a cherry limeade. That really turned some heads in the Creer home. I hadn't had an appetite for quite some time. We were praising God for that even though Velda couldn't honor the request. I cannot eat out. So she bought some burger meat and made me a great meal. The second answer to prayer was that I tasted everything I ate that evening. I have been eating normally and tasting everything ever since. Lastly is a sudden increase in strength. I had been walking for 10 to 15 minutes around the first floor of the house for exercise and then sitting down to take a rest. This weekend I started walking around the block (~.6mi) twice a day. So we were expecting good lab results and weren't disappointed. Velda is the lab tech for the family. When she read the lab she unashamedly let out a shout that might have been foreign to most of the ears of the staff at the KU clinic. we thank God and we thank you for your prayers. Caveat. These are not indications of the effectiveness of the transplant. The check up on Day 60 (3rd week of October) will begin that process as they start to take tests that measure if I still have any cancer since the transplant. Right now we are enjoying how I feel and that most of the restrictions on my lifestyle have been lifted. The doctor also said we will discuss returning to teaching on Day 60. This is also incredible because that is 40 days sooner than he originally estimated. Returning at this time seems perfect to me because it will be right after the first concert and the beginning of the 2nd quarter.

Please pray that Day 60 will show complete remission.
                   that the doctor is given the knowledge of the best time for me to return
                   (hopefully Day 61)

Thank you.

2 comments:

  1. Hallelujah, praise the Lord!!!! So many good things in there--I was shouting for joy as well!! Will continue to pray. Love you all!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mr. C, You are constantly in my prayers and I will continue praying for complete remission and that you are able to return to teaching on Day 61. We will miss you at the first concert but I have faith you will be back for the Christmas Concert. This is wonderful news. My thoughts and prayers to you and your family. We all love you! Mary McDaniel Prescher (former student and Katelyn Glick's mother).

    ReplyDelete