Monday, October 7, 2013

Another Step Forward

On September 23rd the doctor gave me limited freedom to move about the country. I no longer wear a mask in public and can shake hands and hug as long as the person in not sick. It was just in time because we had planned to see Joshua graduate from International ALERT Academy on Thursday the 26th. He finishes tomorrow by going to Hutchison to take a test that will certify him nationally as a firefighter/EMT. Next on his agenda is getting a job. Anyway, we left on Wednesday the 25th and didn't return until late Wednesday night October 2nd. It was just what we needed. We stayed about 30 minutes from the campus at Holly Lake Ranch. Some friends of Velda allowed us to stay in there lodge on the lake. We ignored all alarms. There was fishing (Grace and Michaela were successful), canoeing, paddle boats, biking and hiking. We also read books and watched DVD's. Since then I have noticed enough energy to go bike riding myself. I have ridden around town a couple of times with Velda. I'm not full strength but moving in the right direction. Next checkup in a couple of weeks. We are hoping the doctor says that I can return to teaching.

Thanks for praying.

No comments:

Post a Comment