Thursday, May 23, 2013

It's Not the Water

KU Med called me and said that I will not be doing a bone marrow transplant (BMT) this month because one of the latest test shows that recently the number myeloma cells in my marrow have increased. He said I have a "resistant myeloma". The kidneys were a clue and it would just be a matter of time before the other numbers rose as well. Velda and I praised the Lord loudly when we found out. I am switching to a new chemotherapy that he described as "new" and is used for resistant myeloma (my third type chemo in case you lost count). My lab tomorrow has been cancelled. I will have 2 rounds of this chemotherapy which will be done here in Salina. So where do we go from here? Continue to pray, glory and count it all joy. As for me, after I blog I will change the oil on the car, do what I can to help the crew build my fence and prepare to plant black-eyed peas tomorrow.

P.S. I still will keep the fluids going as well as the prune juice which has caused me to burden the water purification plant in Salina a little more than I have in the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment