Monday, May 20, 2013

All Good Except . . .

Velda and I are in Kansas City and just got our test results. Boy was that fast. The last time we had to wait a week. Velda and I prayed together this morning (as many of you did as well) that the doctors would pick the best day and that the numbers would look enough to proceed at this time. The verdict is inconclusive at the moment. All the indicators were good except the kidneys. Velda and I were dumbfounded because the kidneys had looked the best while everything else was playing catch-up. As recently as May 7 the kidney indicator was well within the range to proceed with a bone marrow transplant (BMT).Upon further investigation it became evident that I had not fulfilled my part of the bargain. I am supposed to keep myself hydrated to the tune of 3 quarts of water a day to keep the chemicals moving through me and to ease the load on my kidneys. I have a routine to help me but that routine has been broken for over a week and I probably have only been getting 1 quart a day. So I have to retest in Salina this Friday with strict orders to hydrate appropriately. Overall Velda and I were quite encouraged by the report and feel the kidneys should align themselves by this Friday. Thank you for praying. God is working.

No comments:

Post a Comment