Friday, May 31, 2013

Chemotherapy: Part 3

We met with my doctor in Salina today. My new chemo starts next week. The protocol will be drastically different. The last types of were not much more than a shot in the arm and some pills. This one is taken intravenously over 90 minutes for two consecutive days for three weeks. Not to mention 4 other types of pills that I have been taking with previous rounds. The possible side effects are not much different than before so I should look about the same as I have through most of the other protocols (which has been pretty good). I am being switched while my numbers are close to the levels needed to do a bone marrow transplant. Let's pray that this protocol is effectively in a prompt way. On another note, we will be picking up Joshua this Sunday from school in the Republic of Texas and are pretty pumped about that!

No comments:

Post a Comment