Friday, June 26, 2009

Lessons

This is actually CYIA report Part II. While at camp our dorm mom talked about being gracious. She explained some of the characteristics and even gave some examples. That devotion really stayed on my mind for a while. For those of you who know me pretty well I can be loud, obnoxious, and very blunt all at the same time. In fact some people are even scared of me(we won't say names but I have learned that some people from different cultures just don't go around hugging strangers). God was trying to tell me that graciousness was something that could definitely be worked on in my life. So during CYIA I picked someone who seemed quiet and shy and attempted to carry a conversation with them without scaring them( Shy people do tend to be scared of me). We ended up having a great conversation that lasted about twenty minutes which went very well. Now since then I've had countless failures at being gracious but you don't learn God's lessons in one day. "A gracious woman retains honor." Proverbs 11:16a

1 comment:

  1. Michaela,
    So, I am just now getting caught up on blog reading. Thanks for this post, it made me laugh and think. ;-) I think you are doing great, I love your out-going personality, you are very willing to let God work in you and teach you. Keep growing in the Lord.

    ><>Ruth<><

    ReplyDelete