Wednesday, July 10, 2013

What Hit Me?

I got up this morning feeling pretty bad. I couldn't do much else but lay around and dose in and out of a semi-state of consciousness. No apetite at all. Bad taste in my mouth. If any of you suggest that yesterday's omelet could be the culprit all I have to say is that IT WAS WORTH IT. Boy was that a good omelet. Anyway, I have somewhat recovered now and can move around without dizziness and have had my first meal (yogurt and toast). Velda and I will go walking this afternoon, most likely inside the mall. The battery of tests and x-rays start Monday. KU has tentatively scheduled the bone marrow transplant process to start July 23. They set everything up even though it may have to be cancelled if the test results aren't good. We learned that back in April. So if KU stays true to form, we should find out about 48 hours beforehand if it is good to go this time. Let's pray that we proceed. Thank you.

2 comments:

  1. Chemo and radiation are hard on the body. The chemo will knock down your immune system and the doctors will have to respond with medications to boost it. The doctors at Mayo Clinic told my dad the worse he felt after the chemo therapy,the better the treatment was working.Keep your chin up and be strong.Faith and inner strength will help you and your loved ones cope with your tough situation. Take care.

    ReplyDelete