Friday, June 25, 2010

It's the most wonderful time of the year

Now that I'm back from CYIA, it is time to enjoy my favorite season of the year: summer! There are several reason I love summer. First of all, it is a wonderful break from school.
Second, we get to garden as a family. Being out in the garden watering, weeding, sweating and picking is a satisfying experience. That tomato soup, sweet potato pie, and fresh corn on the cob tastes different when it's yours. As I instructed my younger sister,"Everything tastes better when you've sweated for it." She was doubtful.
Last but not least are the fun trips we go on as a family. We don't go places every year but they are always memorable. They can include driving over three states, riding in helicoptors(don't ask), visiting family and going to conferences.

Summer here we come!

No comments:

Post a Comment