Wednesday, June 16, 2010

The Return of the Blog


Hello everyone! Long time no post. The Creers are back for the summer. Saturday I had a wonderful birthday by turning 19 and ending CYIA. My mom always makes homemade croissants for my birthday. We both knew that could not happen while at camp. Then, the last day, my birthday, I went to help the cook serve food. She had made homemade croissants for lunch! I was shocked! It was a wonderful birthday present from God. For the first two weeks in June I was on staff at CYIA. It was an old and new experience at the same time. This was my fifth year attending but my first as staff. I saw old friends and learned new lessons. One major highlight is that there were 69 students which is a record and around 70 children came to Christ that last week. God used them in a mighty way. For those of you who are still faithful readers here are some pictures of the experience.

When the director speaks, we listen.
Miss Mary the missionary
Inviting children to 5- day clubs brings you into interesting situations.
A little help, please?
You want me to eat that!

Saying the pledge.
Ruth Matlack and the director's son Landon Myers. Didn't he say something about not spoiling his son?(whoops)
The official staff table which is usually full of sticky notes.
There is nothing so satisfactory as a sticker.
Chelsey Horkman, our camp missionary to Burkina Faso, explains a game.


Well what are you waiting for, that's all folks.

2 comments:

  1. Yeah!!! A post!! And not just any post---a post with pictures!
    I'm glad you all are still alive in Blog World!
    Hope you had a happy b-day! (Did you get my e-card)
    Did you enjoy being on the CYIA staff this year?
    See you soon!
    Elizabeth
    p.s we drove past your house 2x today! but nobody was out, so we didn't honk!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Elizabeth,

    Yes we are still alive even though we were in hibernation for a while. It was a pleasant surprise seeing you today. Thanks for the birthday wishes, but I didn't see an e-card anywhere in my inbox. I greatly enjoyed being on staff at CYIA because it was a spiritually renewing time.

    ReplyDelete