Thursday, December 24, 2009

Sound

What do you look forward to at Christmas? I love seeing the lights, reindeer, santa claus, snowmen, christmas trees...etc. I also love hearing the sounds of snow falling, bells ringing and of course Christmas Carols. We went caroling with our home school choir. There were about 37 of us including six alumni. We went to three nursing homes and one home. Throughout the evening we saw people's faces light up to hear our singing including the nurses. One nurse went running after Michelle Dennis to make sure she was okay after getting her wisdom teeth out. The people didn't really care what carols we sang just that we were there was great for them. Once I was walking with the Newcomer girls and we got separated from the group. Nara started up with "The First Noel" and we all joined in for the first verse and the chorus. On the start of the second verse I mainly hummed and put in a word or two. As Nara began the third verse Jenna said, "the end." Not many of us knew all five verses. Several times the back group of carolers got confused and started singing a different song than the front group. We eventually figured it out. I don't think anybody minded much. Knowing my personality does anyone have any guesses of my favorite Christmas Carol? Have a very Merry Merry Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. Michaela~
    3 guesses: (and since I guessed, I'd say you need to answer back in this here comment section and let me know what it is!)
    1. Joy to the World!
    2. Have a Holly Jolly Christmas
    3. O Come All Ye Faithful!

    ReplyDelete