Thursday, December 3, 2009

A Psalm of Thanksgiving


I praise thee Lord for your many blessings and misfortunes; for my loving family and the special relationships you have given us, for a warm home with heat that is available during our season of cold, for the challenges of broken appliances that help me realize how much I take these marvelous tools for granted day in and day out, for your wonderful variety of creation that often puts me in awe of your majesty and yet at other times makes me wonder why did you create these things Lord? Yes I will praise thee O Lord my God with all of my heart I will glorify thou name forever! Our Thanksgiving celebration has some unique twists this year. First of all we slept in a bit then prepared to go the Applebees' to serve Thanksgiving dinner hosted by our local Salvation Army for anyone who desires a home-cooked meal for the day. All of the preparations and servers are volunteers from the community. Meals are also delivered for any who are unable to come to the restaurant. It was an enjoyable time for all. Later we got together with friends for snacks and games. We celebrated again later on Saturday with worship and fellowship and of course the full feast again with the Reilly/Tieman families which was a great time of fun and fellowship

No comments:

Post a Comment