Sunday, April 12, 2009

II Timothy 4:7

This verse contains what is appropriately inscribed on my fathers grave stone. Today we have visited a man who epitomizes this verse as well. We visited Lloyd Engle who was born 9 days after my father in 1924. We first met him as a man who delivered us fresh milk to our door over 10 years ago. Here was a Bible-spouting gospel track-distributing man that had many stories of serving God and His faithfulness to him right here in central Kansas. He grew up near Abilene Kansas and now resides in the Miltonvale Kansas retirement center. I recall stories he told us of visiting soldiers in Fort Riley and visiting patients in the hospital so as to bring as many people as possible the gospel of Jesus Chirst. We spent an hour with Mr. Engle today after church and dinner. Mr Engle spent most of the time spouting Bible verse and praising Jesus. He offered us a few of his books to read for inspiration and encouragement. He is not able to rise from bed without assistance but he uses what energy he has for the Lord. I don't know how many more years I have on this earth or if the Lord will come while I am alive. Either way I hope I can exemplify this verse in a similar manner.

No comments:

Post a Comment