Thursday, April 2, 2009

Comparison

A week ago I was very excited to be able to participate once more in the annual Vocal Festival where homeschoolers from all over KS gather to sing in a choir. Well the night before we had a winter storm warning with western KS predicted to receive at least a foot of snow. So sadly the event was postponed but the later date was still undecided. Next morning a verse came to mind which perfectly described my attitude: "Hope deferred maketh the heart sick: but when the desire cometh it is a tree of life." (Pro. 13:12) My heart also complained to God about controlling the weather to ruin my plans. Then later in a publication I read about Christians in Indonesia who said: "Three of us stood outside our boarded-up church in the darkness and prayed. We thanked God that He allowed this to happen to us." These Christians had lost their church building and thanked God. So right away I realized that my attitude at first had been selfish and needed to change. After listing the benefits of the Vocal Festival being postponed my decision was to follow the example of the Indonesian Christians.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for your thoughtful words.....I felt discouraged too! Let's have an attitude of gratitude for all the Lord does for us!
    ~Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a great time with you at the Vocal Fest yesterday! You HAVE to come back next year, okay?

    ReplyDelete