Sunday, December 16, 2012

Update: 12/16/12

Physically. I had to have a blood transfusion this week because I had become to anemic to receive my chemotherapy shot. My first transfusion was the day before Thanksgiving. This time I was asked to cut back on my activities. No other part of the lab work was revealed to me at that time so I have no update on what is happening on the inside. I felt a little draggy last weekend but was not alarmed in any way. I still feel good enough to maintain normal activity but I'm cutting back on my evening activities at school. This happens to be my busiest time of the year so if I can make it another week I will be on winter break and can catch up on rest and relaxation. Still no serious symptoms from the disease or side effects from the chemotherapy.

Spiritually. This week I was going to share on Luke 18:1-8 and it turned out to be the subject of my sunday school class today. Christ said that the purpose of this story was "that men ought always to pray, and not to faint". In the story the widow banged on the unjust judge's door until she got satisfaction. I told God at the beginning of this in October that I would be banging on the door but tapered off as life got back to business as usual. I cannot allow this to happen again. I hope to continue to bang on the door. The good side is I have a benevolent parent who will respond speedily. I learned today that "speedily" does not mean "right now" but that the process when started will be quick. It is like communism in Russia or the Berlin Wall. They stood for a long time but when the process started they were both disassembled quite quickly. I have to prepare myself for a possible lengthy time of crying out to God day and night if He decides to bear long (verse 7). On another point. I appreciate all the sentiments of prayer and support for me. I want to also encourage everyone to hold up Velda just as diligently. I believe she has the greater burden. In addition to maintaining our household, she has been to every chemotherapy treatment, lab, consultation etc. She is taking notes at these as well maintaining a notebook for every document that we receive. I have received comforting cards, emails and notes. Would you consider sending Velda something similar? Sometimes we will be standing together and a person will say they are praying for me. Will you turn to Velda and say the same thing to her?

No comments:

Post a Comment