Thursday, November 23, 2017

Weighing In

Last year at this time I weighed 175 lbs. After Christmas I weighed 185.4! So I decided to lose 20 lbs by this Thanksgiving. The last 4 weeks were somewhat eventful. Oct 29 I weighed 170.2 lbs., Nov 5 168.3, Nov 12 166.8, Nov 19 169.7. (What! I gained 2.9 lbs. in one week leaving me 4.3 to lose in 4 days) On Nov 22, 72 hours later, I weighed 165 lbs. losing 4.7 lbs. I used the same scale (Velda thinks it may be defective. It is a nice digital one in the YMCA) My family can attest that I didn't do anything different the last 72 hours. I have no explanation but am going to celebrate the victory over the holidays (Hopefully not to the tune of gaining 10 lbs. in 5 weeks. Velda is emphasizing moderation). During this journey I made 1 lifestyle change in that I stopped eating lunch and walked in the park (1.25 miles) as fast as I could to maximize the workout and also because I have a fairly short lunch period. Another bonus is that I can wear some slacks that I had to lay aside back in January.

No comments:

Post a Comment