Sunday, January 13, 2013

Gaining Understanding

I am beginning to understand why the reports I get can seem to conflict. The nurses check my lab reports to make sure that my blood levels are good to take the chemotherapy. My blood levels have been improving since the lowest point in October. In fact all my blood levels have now either reached normal levels or are very close. So the nurse gave me a good report this week. The hematologist (blood doctor) checks on the disease. I see him about once a month. The level of my blood is not an indication as to how the chemo is affecting the disease. Therefore the doctor's report may not follow suit. I will see him this Tuesday. I haven't seen my kidney doctor for awhile because treating the myeloma is first priority. As a result I haven't much to say about how my kidneys are doing because it hasn't been addressed. Hopefully my entry next week will be more illuminating.

Spiritually. I just listened to a talk on "Agents of the Impossible". The speaker started by stating that we are people with impossible situations. I heartily agreed at that point. He then stated that we are surrounded by people with impossible situations as well. This helped me see that even though I have some difficult things to face and God is infinitely interested in my situation, it is not all about me. I must still focus on how to be an agent for God in the lives of the people around me. That is my first priority.

No comments:

Post a Comment