Friday, October 21, 2011

Getting Serious

I have given the impression to most that know me that I take the Bible as the verbal and plenary inerrant word of God. Lately God has been asking me "Oh really. If that is so, what would be the evidence of Psalm 1 in my life?" I didn't have a good answer. I have a strong to desire to be a success but haven't really applied God's formula. So I have become more intentional in memorizing and meditating on the God's word. Joshua and I set October 1st as our deadline for memorizing James. We had been trying for a couple of years. He made it, I did it on October 2nd. I have to memorize John 14-17 by December 8th and reclaim Philippians by mid-January before Joshua leaves for ALERT. We also want to retain what we memorize. On December 8th I have to quote John 14-17 and the book of James. In January I have to quote Philippians, James and John 14-17. So far, since October 2nd, I can quote John 14:1-15:8 and can still quote James. I will keep you posted. Joshua as well as you followers of this blog can keep me accountable.

No comments:

Post a Comment