Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Matthew 5:16

Recently I was at a school training session at Schilling Elementary from 8AM -3:30PM. Velda made my lunch so when everyone else left for lunch I sat on a bench in the playground to eat. While there, a woman with eight children came to play and some of them were on bikes. Some of the bikes were in bad condition. I walked over and introduced myself and asked if I could work on some of the bikes and have fixed one since then and have 2 more to go. It turns out she runs a daycare in her home. I credit Bruce Whitely for planting the seeds of this idea in me. For years he has fixed bicycles for children in his neighborhood. He goes so far as to drive around town to find bicycles to fix that he can give away. He has fixed our bicycles when needed and gave Velda a bike when hers bit the dust. As I deliver the last bike, I hope to share that this is not natural behavior for me but a result of God in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment