Sunday, November 29, 2009

Our Tract Record

I have watched a DVD series hosted by street evangelist Ray Comfort and actor Kirk Cameron (star of Fireproof) produced by their organization The Way of the Master. It challenged me to get more involved in evangelism. The Yoders, friends of ours who live near Hutchison, KS, related to us how they passed out gospel tracts to people waiting for a parade to start. Salina had an upcoming parade called The Parade of Lights. It is the Saturday before Thanksgiving and commemorates the city's Christmas season by turning on the Christmas lights downtown. I decided to take my family there and pass out tracts to the people waiting for the parade to start. Joyce Songer, a member of our church joined us. We started where the parade was supposed to end and worked our way towards the beginning for 30 minutes until the parade started. Velda, Michaela and Joyce were a team on the east side of the street while Joshua, Grace and I were on the west side. The other team made it farther than ours because I kept running into people I knew who wanted to visit. Otherwise we felt good about our efforts to dabble in spreading the gospel. I was especially pleased with Joshua. Our son who is normally reticent in public (especially with people he first meets) handed out all his tracks but one. I stopped passing out tracks to watch him in amazement. Click on the link to view a video of him reenacting what he shared on the streets.

No comments:

Post a Comment