Thursday, September 10, 2009

The Return of Michaela

Hello everyone, I'm back! Ok, well I'm back in Dallas and will return to Kansas next Thursday. Here is a brief recap of my time in Washington D.C. On Sunday morning I arose at 3:30 so we could catch our flight at 6am. All the way to the airport my grandparents and I yawned and yawned. We arrived in D.C. around noon and my cousin Warren picked us up. Then who should drive up but my Auntie Sherri who surprised me. She was supposed to be in Dallas! We went to Baltimore harbor and D.C. harbor that day and didn't go to bed until ten.
Bright and early Monday we set out to see the sights. The American History museum was simply amazing and I definitely want to go back to finish seeing all of it. A highlight was seeing the original Star Spangled Banner which flew over Ft. McHenry sparking our national anthem. We also saw the Air and Space museum. You could barely see the ceiling of the building there were so many planes hanging from it!
Tuesday was my favorite day because we finally got to sleep in. Then we took an excellent tour of the nation's capitol and took a bus tour of the Washington, Jefferson and Lincoln memorials. These two tours let me see what our nation was made of when we started. The monuments were awe inspiring, gigantic, beautiful, thought provoking... I could go on and on.
For a grand finale on Wednesday we (drum roll please) took a tour of the White House. Need I say more? In the afternoon we went to Arlington national cemetery which was full of interesting things. I know what you're all waiting for: pictures. Well as it so happens I did take over 200. Please place your ordrs here and each picture sent to you will be $15 a piece(just kidding) Pictures will be posted on a later blog. You see in order to transfer pictures on a computer you need a little magic cord to help you. I left the magic cord in Kansas so you'll have to wait at least a week. But don't worry, they are coming so be prepared for the blizzard.

3 comments:

  1. Michaela-
    I'm so glad you enjoyed DC! I can't wait to hear about it! Have a great rest of your trip in Dallas!!
    Let's get together when you get home!
    -Elizabeth
    p.s. we drove by your house this afternoon and I thought of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michaela, I just read your blog and I love what you have written, what a joy to hear of all of your excitement! Looking forward to your return home. Love, Mom P.S. Did you read my blog? We will start tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What? only 200 pics? ;-) Glad you had a great trip and I do look forward to seeing the pictures.

    ReplyDelete